We have decided to design a House Finder website, where users can find housemates and a house to live in where rooms are vacant. We have decided to aim our website at university students in the South of England as we feel like it is not too broad but not too small of an area.
Many of the current websites similar to our idea only include main towns for rooms, where some universities in the South are not in main or busy towns therefore focusing our site on this means they will all be catered for. We will create a database where users will have a username and password, without signing up to the site users will be able to preview content posted to the site however they will not be able to submit to the site without logging in.
Once an account has been created they can then search and filter by universities in the South to find a room that is available, whilst reading information on the housemates and the house.
There will be a tab in the navigation bar that allows users to submit room details, here they will be asked about many different aspects of the room before it is entered into the database.
The search page is where users can then refine a search to rooms and people that are relevant to them. An example of this could be searching for a room where current residents go to Oxford University. Contact will be allowed between email addresses or phone numbers.
I have been designing the layout for the website, initially sketching then moving onto coding using CSS and HTML in Brackets whilst creating the forms along with Terry in PHP code, along with designing the database tables we will need to include.
Chloe have been looking at colours and logos to use for our website, we have all been uploading information about the project to the group wiki.
We will all continue to work as a team, allowing each members input into our work.